Canon WP-DC28 doesn't fit the Intova Pixtreme PX-21?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ib0b

New
Reaction score
Hello fellow divers

I have a underwater housing (Canon WP-DC28) for my Canon Powershot G10 camera.

And I have just bought a Intova Pixtreme PX-21 Underwater Strobe Flash.

Problem is, when I try to attach the underwater housing to the base of the external flash unit it does not fit. On the small hard plastic mount on the metal base, there is a small edge that gets in the way of the mount of the underwater housing. So it is impossible to screw the two pieces together. (please see images)

I have tried to turn the plastic mount several ways but the hole on the plastic mount and the hole of the underwater housing just don't match.

I have asked the supplier and they suggest to grind the edge off!?
I suppose the edge is there to stabilize the underwater housing so it doesn't turn from side to side. So grinding it off would surely spoil the whole idea of having the strobe fixed to the camera.

Have any of you experienced this and might you have a solution?

I really hope somebody can help me otherwise I can't use the external flash unit when diving!

Thanks

ib0b

Attachments

• IMG_0146_01.jpg
    IMG_0146_01.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0148_02.jpg
    IMG_0148_02.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 140
You can either:

1) Slot the hole in the base plate. Yes, that will allow the screw to fall out when you take it apart so you will have to be careful not to loose it.

2) You can reduce the size of the shoulder, don't remove it all, just enough to sit flush.

Frankly, I think I would go with slotting the base plate attach screw hole. Use a round section file, it will take a while and some skill and patience.

N

Back
Top Bottom