Canon WP-V1 Housing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
I recently bought Canon hf200 and was going to buy WP-W1 housing for it, now they have stop manufacturing hf 200 and the housing for it.

The reason I bought this camera was because of this housing.
Do you know any1 that is still selling wp-w1 or do I have to try selling my camera:(

So then Auto mode?
Programmed AE
Auto White Balance
Image Effect Off
Digital Effect Off
MXP

Correct?
And then in like Adobe Premiere Pro, I would run a color correction?

So then Auto mode?
Programmed AE
Auto White Balance
Image Effect Off
Digital Effect Off
MXP

Correct?
And then in like Adobe Premiere Pro, I would run a color correction?

Correct. I am not sure about the Adobe part of things as I use Mac and iMovie. But thoughts differ as to post production. I have as yet not used post production because I like things to be as I have seen them.

Hi,
I recently bought Canon hf200 and was going to buy WP-W1 housing for it, now they have stop manufacturing hf 200 and the housing for it.

The reason I bought this camera was because of this housing.
Do you know any1 that is still selling wp-w1 or do I have to try selling my camera:(
Maybe here. Ace Photo Inc. | Online Store | Canon WP-V1

I don't have any experience with buying from them.

nwflyboy: Regarding priming, I have experienced shots being ruined by tiny bubbles. One of the first things I do after jumping in the water is to unscrew the W-20 lens just enough for bubbles to escape (you don't need to fully unscrew and risk dropping it). If you don't do this, the bubbles will still escape sooner or later - but you may see bubbles on some of your first shots of the dive.

My experience anyway :)
I just got back from Tubbataha, Philippines, and tried out my new Ikelite W-20 lens with the Canon WPV1. The videos always get some out of focus sections in the corners when I do any amount of zoom with the camera. I understand "vignetting" is similar but it refers to shadowing in the corners rather than blurriness. The only way to get a clear image is to zoom out completely.

See one of my clips here: in youtube, under the title "W20 Lens with Canon WPV1.mpg"

SGUFT, I saw you mentioning having the same lens and enclosure. Do you get the blurred edges when you zoom-in?

Tom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom