Canon570 and Canon A-590

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm planning a dive trip but haven't bought a camera yet. I was thinking about the Canon A 570 IS, but then I heard about the A 590 IS that is out.. I need help to figure out which one will be better to take diving... If anybody could help me it would be appreciated..If anyone has either camera please let me know what the likes and dislikes are if any.....Thanks

590is has a RAW mode?

If then, 590IS is way to go. Otherwise 570is...... Canon High ISO AD isn't impressive.

I'm planning a dive trip but haven't bought a camera yet. I was thinking about the Canon A 570 IS, but then I heard about the A 590 IS that is out.. I need help to figure out which one will be better to take diving... If anybody could help me it would be appreciated..If anyone has either camera please let me know what the likes and dislikes are if any.....Thanks

scubadiver1973,

I own an A720IS but came very close to buying the A570IS. Both are great cameras and you can find great pictures on Scubaboard taken by both. I you want to see some pictures I took with my A720IS, click on the PicasaWeb link in my signature below and select the Sipadan U/W folder. All pictures were taken with either natural light for the in-camera strobe. Other folks have posted great A570IS pictures in their posts.

The A570IS and A590IS cameras are sooooo close in their specs that I don't know if you could tell the difference when shooting U/W.

Digital Cameras Side-by-Side, 2 cameras: Digital Photography Review

What I can't tell for sure yet is if Canon has released an U/W housing for the A590IS yet. There website doesn't list it as an accessory.

Canon PowerShot A590 IS digital camera

There are several places on the Internet that allude to the A570IS and the A590IS both using the same housing (WP-DC12) but only lists that for use with the A570IS.

Somebody recently posted that they just bought a new A570IS at Office Depot for $119 which is such a bargain I'm thinking about buying one myself.

Not familiar with the 590, look in my sig for some 570 shots.......

Families and photo enthusiasts will surely love the versatile PowerShot A580 and A590 IS that boast of user-friendly features and professional quality image output with its 8-megapixel CCD and 4x optical zoom lens.

The PowerShot A590IS is also equipped with an optical image stabilizer, which corrects blurring caused by shaky hands. A special Sunset Scene Mode has also been added and will be appreciated by all the vacationers who will be flocking to Boracay this summer season.

The new Easy Mode feature has also been added to both the PowerShot A580 and 590IS. Now, users only need to focus on the shutter and flash buttons, and Canon's DIGIC III processor will do the rest. This feature minimizes screen clutter and displays only the shooting mode, flash setting and number of shots left.

There is no housing for the 590 and it will not--NOT--work with the Canon DC12 housing. It does not have RAW best I can tell. N

One more thing....I'm going to buy the canon housing.....Does the camera flash show up good or do I need an external flash?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom