Can't get my new wetsuit on - help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smootie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I bought a Pinnacle Elastiprene-Merino 3mm fullsuit online after lots of research. It arrived, and I was ecstatic! I went immediately to try it on. It fit fine everywhere except the sleeves. I can NOT get my arms through them. I would understand if I had big muscle-y biceps or something but I have stick arms! The biggest part of my arm is 8.5" around. I thought this suit was one of the easier ones to get into?

I tried the plastic bag thing, but the only parts that will slide in are the parts covered in plastic bag. Once the suit goes past there everything grinds to a halt. I tried turning the sleeve inside out, but halfway up my arm the sleeve doubles up and gets stuck.

How do I get my arms into my nifty new wetsuit?

have you tried using conditioner make the inside of the suit a little more slick?

Try some lube! KY is your friend.

Just kidding, it might be too small. I had an issue with a couple suits to where the fit me everywhere but my chest. Im not a big guy. I simply went up a size and i was good to go!

Mix hair conditioner, start with 1 part conditioner and three parts water. Use a cheap house brand and put the mix in a pump sprayer.

This will help in sliding your suit on. Won't damage it and the material will stretch a bit after use and be easier to put on.

Reactions: Jax
KY is indeed your friend. Works wonders on the cuffs, and watch everyone's eyes pop at the pharmacy when you insist on buying the biggest container of generic-brand lube the store carries. Wearing a thin, shiny, slippery dive skin is also a great solultion for easy doffing and donning. Give it a whirl.

Now are you talking regular old ky or the new fire and ice varieties?:wink:

No, but if you go to Costco you can get the 3 gallon tub.

Thanks, I'll try the conditioner trick. Do I spray it on myself or on the suit? I have heard that oils break down neoprene. Are there ingredients I should avoid?

Back
Top Bottom