Can't sync SDA with OSX Lion (10.7)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reeko

Registered
Reaction score
I can't sync the SDA anymore with OSX Lion (10.7) Has anyone the same issue?
When I mount the SDA the only file showing up is SyncSDA.html, when launched it can't find the other files so no sync.
The other files are present on the device as I can see them with the terminal.

any idea?

thanks

Rico

Just synced mine yesterday, so it can't be the server. Sounds to me rather like a data corruption on the SDA, since you can see the files on terminal.

Have you tried repairing permissions on the SDA?

Just synced mine yesterday, so it can't be the server. Sounds to me rather like a data corruption on the SDA, since you can see the files on terminal.

Nope, I'll try it right now.

Just tested with different browsers, It's actually a browser problem. Chrome gives me an error. It's working fine with safari and firefox.

thanx

How do you actually 'repair' the permissions on the SDA?

Just wondering as my wife's SDA is coming up as 'removable device' in both the MAC and PC platforms when viewing the folder.

Comparing it to mine, which comes up as Volume "UEMISSDA" as well as having all of the hidden items (SyncSDA.jar, and etc..) that do not appear on her SDA.

Thanks,
2Cents

I'm usually syncing on my Mac and there I also see the .jar and .html files. I don't think they are supposed to be hidden, since you need at least to open the .html for syncing. I don't know how it looks if you plug the SDA in to a PC .. :shakehead:

As mentioned above, not all Mac-browsers are equally compatible with the java-script on the SDA. Maybe trying another browser helps?

But at the moment there seems to be a problem on the server side anyways, thus syncing is not working (see this thread. Even though you can login to uemis.com and look at you dive logs, syncing didn't work recently for several people)

Hopefully the stand-alone software is soon ready... :praying:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom