Cape Ann Shore Dive 4/5-8/2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TrevorReid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

I am looking for a dive buddy, or a few, to do some shore diving on Cape Ann over easter weekend. It would be great to dive with someone who knows the waters/dives. I have been a long time resident and know the area really well however I am new to SCUBA.

Please let me know
-T

I might be up for some dives. I'll have to check my schedule as the dates approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband and I will be there that weekend. Never dove Cape Ann so if we can tag alone, that would be great!

I'm up for diving on the 7th maybe

Great, thanks everyone. Tides look pretty good. High tide at 12:19pm on the 7th and 1:09pm on the 8th. Assuming its warm, it would be great to get a dive or two in one or both days. Ill keep in touch as it gets closer to that weekend.

just out of curiosity what are you guy's diving? drysuits or wetsuits? Im new to diving and havent tried the 7mm wetsuit in water cooler than high 60 degree waters. I know its all personal preference but i would like to get an idea of when the average person can actually dip into the water with a 7mm wetsuit and get some dive time.

just out of curiosity what are you guy's diving? drysuits or wetsuits? Im new to diving and havent tried the 7mm wetsuit in water cooler than high 60 degree waters.

I dive drysuits. Wetsuits are feasible (assuming the temperature outside is not too cold) but I would not go with anything under a 7mm full suit + 5 to 7 mm jacket, giving you 12 to 14mm on the upper body...
It really however depends on your tolerance to cold water and on how long of a dive you want to do...

just out of curiosity what are you guy's diving? drysuits or wetsuits? Im new to diving and havent tried the 7mm wetsuit in water cooler than high 60 degree waters. I know its all personal preference but i would like to get an idea of when the average person can actually dip into the water with a 7mm wetsuit and get some dive time.

Before I went dry I dove a 7/5 full suit from mid April to mid November. I dove at least twice a day from mid May to mid October then only could get one short dive in.

Of course now that I dive dry all the time my season is year round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to tag along on the 7th if that is the day you choose. I'd like to learn some more of the sites. I hope it is cold that day. Getting into drysuit topside on a warm day sucks when water is 42*. It's almost time to break out the wetsuit and see if I can fit back into it after 3 months.

---------- Post added March 29th, 2012 at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was March 28th, 2012 at 03:18 PM ----------

My husband and I will be there that weekend. Never dove Cape Ann so if we can tag alone, that would be great!
If Saturday doesn't work out, come up to Nubble and I'll be your guide, or at least point out the good spots to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom