Captain - there be whale sharks here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubagal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We returned on Friday night from our trip on the Galapagos Aggressor II. It was absolutely amazing. I hope to write a detailed trip report but it will take some time to go through all the pictures. My underwater ones aren't stellar but I love our new Sony A300. I think we got some good topside shots. Lloyd shot some terrific video footage of several of the whale sharks, and he captured a marine iguana underwater and a Galapagos sea lion that decided to play with the iguana's tail.

I can't say enough good things about the entire staff on the Galapagos Aggressor II. They were phenomenal. Sightings included schools of scalloped hammerhead sharks, white tip sharks, Galapagos sharks, red lipped batfish, yellow puffers, Guineafowl puffers, lots of green turtles, huges schools of fish, several different types of eels, marble rays, eagle rays, seahorses, and of course whale sharks. And I got to see blue footed boobies! We enjoyed the land tours as much as the diving.

Here are a few teaser pics. Keep in mind these are from my point and pray camera, and that I was finning like crazy just to keep up.

mid_90-304AB0DCF381466FA23465CC455041E7.jpg

mid_90-D997B0FE3CAB4EEBB4FA00E3B08D3632.jpg

mid_90-B532A41423C24E6D99001CB4918A6F2B.jpg

Scubagal, great photos!

We look forward to reading your detailed trip report and seeing more pictures of whale sharks.

Great pix so far

I am so JEALOUS!!! Can't wait to see more photos and yes a detailed trip/dive report if you have the time... WOW, whale sharks that ranks very high on my list of possible dives.

Back
Top Bottom