Car goes into the icy lake inverted.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary M

Reaction score
According to the news last night a car with two sisters slid into a lake and broke through 4 inches of ice and the car was inverted. This happened in Bonners county (north Idaho) yesterday. One of the girls made it out and the other sister was trapped in the car. The icy water line came up to her neck. Here head was six inches out of the water. They did not say if it was Fire department or the dive team that was able to get her out. The news said she was in the water for about half hour. Can you say hypothermia? This is one lucky girl with having her car being inverted in the ice. If the media give any more information out on this I will post it for everyone to see.
The Fire Guy.

Lucky, but definately cold! I wonder why she couldn't make it out if the sister could. Obviously, she was conscience.

Explain the visual for me, how can you be in an inverted car with water up to your neck but your head six inches out of the water? Your face is up against the floor mats?
Glad to hear they got her out.
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit,
a little more info came in this morning. They were saying that the 16 year old got twisted up in her seat belt. When the LT. arrived and made it down 40’ to the car, he found the car inverted sitting on a shelf with two thirds of the car under water. The girl had twisted her self around and was lying between the seats with her head just above the water, 6 inches is what they were saying. They had two Fire Departments, Sheriffs Divers, medical and Med Star that flew her to Kootenai Medical center, were she was treated for exposure and then released. God and his Angles were working over time on her.
The Fire Guy.

Gary, thanks for the clarification. Glad to hear everything turned out ok for her!
Ber :lilbunny:

Lucky, Indeed. Someone has been saying their prayers.

Very glad to hear the outcome. I have a 16 year old of my own.

Never drive faster than your angel can fly!

pennypue:
Never drive faster than your angel can fly!
LOL Years ago my ex-wife painted a little sign on the back of my racecar that said “I’m trying to drive fast enough to keep up with my guardian angel.”

Great outcome and thanks to all the PSD out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom