Carbon 42 vs MK25 s600 or a700?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tina.canada

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am planning on buying a gift for a friend who's an experienced Diver. He uses the Sherwood SR1 now and I'm planning on either the Mares Carbon 42, MK 25/S600 or the blingier A700.

It won't be used much for cold water. I've done a few review searches and they all come up good of course with minimal cons.

How do I make my final decision??? Help please:)

did you go one way or another yet. i have never used either sp reg. but really like my carbon 42. my wife has dove the mk25/s600 and perfered the carbon 42 over the s600.

Hi Tina,

Can I be your friend too?

Seriously, Re: Mares vs. SP- if he does not service his own gear, then find out what his favorite shop services and get that one. I would not know what to suggest between the 600 or 700.

Couv

What a nice friend you are. Go for the A700, it's new, exciting, and shiny.

He might really like the SR1, though, in which case you can keep the A700 for yourself and get him a pair of slippers.

if shop service is needed you may want to find out if either can be done near you. if you buy it at a lds then they should service with no problem. i am going to dive a sp s600 in two weeks so i will see how it dives. honest all top regs are good its just what you want and service needs

Delete post.

Last edited:
I have been diving with the MK25 &S600 for the past 5 years. I have at least 300 dives with it & it has worked flawlessly. As with any ScubaPro equipment, you have to have a LDS that carries it to get the service. When ScubaPro releases the A700 to be bought without a first stage, I will upgrade to the A700.

When ScubaPro releases the A700 to be bought without a first stage, I will upgrade to the A700.

yep, done that....managed to get an A700 2nd stage at the UK dive show, to replace the X650 on my MK19 1st.......AWESOME. :cool2:

I would definitely go with the Scuabpro, given that they are easier breathing and balanced second stages... as opposed to the pricier Carbon which is an unbalanced second stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom