Card you’re most proud of earning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Until I get my Full Cave from @cerich it would have to be this one, dreamed of diving rebreathers since I was a kid....

Screenshot 2021-03-08 at 12.57.48.png

In 1983 I got the following 3-rd degree instructor card (FIPS/CMAS). It carries n. 14, which means that before me just 13 Italians reached the same qualification, and they were all very famous names, such as Duilio Marcante, Luigi Ferraro, Gianni Bertieri, etc...
Brevetto_FIPS_Angelo.jpg

Attachments

• Brevetto_FIPS_Angelo.jpg
    Brevetto_FIPS_Angelo.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 43
Need clarification-- Rescue wasn't earned and Solo not challenging?
No, that wasn't what I was implying. Both were challenging as a course and probably the two where I learned the most. Rescue they gave less challenging scenarios to the candidate who was struggling and there was more mentorship. With solo they straight out said you need to earn this certification, the scenarios were the same for everyone because you did them individually and folks actually didn't pass the course. The mentoring was far less than I saw in any other course as you were expected to have the fundamental skills and were there to be critiqued and verified.

NAUI OW,
10 year old Under Sea World watching me still says "Aww Yeah" every time I gear up.

CCR Cave. I was a brand new diver and taking fundies. Day one of in water work at the ginnie run and I see a team go in with CCRs, scooters, tows, safeties, the whole thing. I just remember thinking "how the hell do I get there, that looks cool". It turned into a multi year goal that I finally hit last fall. I remember clearly on the last day of class as we scootered by stage rock on the way to the scraper thinking "holy ****, I'm there". Unfortunately, work and covid have made it tough to put that card to use much lately, but I'm eyeballing May for a trip and I can't wait.

Best card I ever earned was reaching 31 years of scuba accident and injury free
Don't do it, you do know the old saying : "Don't tempt the Gods".:oops:

CCR Cave. I was a brand new diver and taking fundies. Day one of in water work at the ginnie run and I see a team go in with CCRs, scooters, tows, safeties, the whole thing. I just remember thinking "how the hell do I get there, that looks cool". It turned into a multi year goal that I finally hit last fall. I remember clearly on the last day of class as we scootered by stage rock on the way to the scraper thinking "holy ****, I'm there". Unfortunately, work and covid have made it tough to put that card to use much lately, but I'm eyeballing May for a trip and I can't wait.

I think I'm now what you were then: on the cusp of my GUE path forward and just chomping at the bit to get in a cave. Its a great feeling.

In 1983 I got the following 3-rd degree instructor card (FIPS/CMAS). It carries n. 14, which means that before me just 13 Italians reached the same qualification, and they were all very famous names, such as Duilio Marcante, Luigi Ferraro, Gianni Bertieri, etc...
View attachment 646213
Nice.
You are younger than I thought.

Back
Top Bottom