Caribbean Exploration Expedition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teamoctopus

Registered
Reaction score
Grand Case, St. Martin, French West Indies
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey Readers!

Having lived in the Caribbean for just over 5 years, I have had the opportunity to dive some of the best dives sites available in St. Martin, Saba, St. Eustatia, Saba Banks and St. Barths.

I have also been exploring some unknown territory including sea mounts that start at 1000 meters and come up to 17meters under the surface, (that as far as I know) nobody has ever dived as they are around 50 miles offshore.

Recently I discovered the Ghost Ship on the Saba Banks with a good friend of mine which was just an incredible dive.....

Check it out: The Ghost Ship of Saba Banks, Caribbean - YouTube

Ever since I started exploration diving I have generated a lot of interest not only on Island but also around the World.

So, I would like to know if there is any interest in setting up an expedition for CCR divers over a 10 day period. It won't be cheap, but if it works it could lead to more trips.
I would like to keep this quite exclusive to start with as it is an exploration expedition and I expect some media coverage too as again nobody I know has ever set something like this up.
Number of Guests would probably be 8 - 10 to make the trip work and price would be in the region of $5000 per person fully inclusive of room and board, plus gas and lime.

The boat I intend to use will be equipped with Gas Boosters, Oxygen, UHP Helium, Lime and I can get 3 liter tanks to save you guys lugging them to the Caribbean.

How would you CCR divers feel if the trip was open to OC as well? Minimum cert level would be Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures (IANTD, TDI etc..) and dive guides would be available too on CCR and OC.

Double manifolded 80's, 80cuft and 40cuft stages would be available for rent too.

Tentative dates for this trip would be July / August this year when conditions are usually quite predictable.

Before we get too excited, I just want to know how many people would be interested in a trip like this.

If you could email me directly I can offer more information once I know I have some interest chris@octopusdiving.com

Thanks everyone and look forward to hopefully setting up the first and exclusive Caribbean Exlporation Expedition - very exciting!:crafty:

http://www.facebook.com/southdevondiver

Octopus Diving - Scuba Dive and Snorkel in St Martin / St Maarten

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom