Caribbean in October/November on SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bacchus80

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Wife and I are looking to use up SPG points either mid-October or last week of November, and we're thinking of doing a week in either the bahamas or grand cayman.

1) Would we be pushing our luck with the weather in October, being the tail end of hurricane season? Does it start to get a little chilly (relatively speaking...) come late November? We'll be diving every day, but would like the sun and a nice beach for afternoons.

2) Any major differences between the diving in GC vs grand bahama? We just came back from Cozumel in January and will be diving the chilly St Lawrence this summer for reference...

3) We're leaning towards the Sheraton or Westin on Grand Bahama, seems to be much cheaper for the diving (with Grand Bahama Scuba) compared to GC. Any other suggestions for SPG usage, in the Caribbean or elsewhere?

Thanks very much!

Hi,
I was married October 1st, 20 years ago. We honeymooned in St. Barts and have done many Carib trips for anniversaries since then. Only once did we have an issue - a hurricane that hit Bermuda and forced a delay in our trip -twice; the damned thing actually reversed course.

In fact, we're taking a cruise Oct. 24th - Nov 1st and then staying in Puerto Rico till Nov,. 5th.

I haven't been to Grand Bahama so I can't help you there. Sorry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom