Caribbean Opinion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like you are on a 10 day Princess Cruise out of Pt. Everglades Florida
I took this cruise last Jan.
I agree with Scorpio Fish
St Thomas
Average but concidering you both new divers check out
Coki Beach nice easy shore dives contact them before you leave
For a new diver in salt water this would be a perfect intro to
warm carribean salt water diving.
Dominica GREAT!!
boat dives last year they used
Good boat operators & crew
Isla Margarita
I don't think they offer diving from through cruise ship
( BUY SOME PEARLS )
Curacoa
Great wall dive saw sea horse lots of fish feeding on the wall
Dive operator great ( Peter Hughes Diving )
Bob

Just returned form 7 days in Dominica. The diving is spectacular! But a cruise ship is no way to see Dominica. Like kissing through a screen door. So much to do and see beyond diving alone. Cruise ships usually stay for 7am till 1:30pm.

Some if not the best diving in the Carib.

Of all the places you listed I have only been to Curacao but I can tell you based upon all the other places that I have been that from a macro standpoint Curacao was by far the better location. Its one of the few places I have been that seemed to have endless marine life...

Julie

Any suggestions as to what I should keep an eye out for? Was looking for a good website that would detail the marine life there. Is there any hope of seeing any of the larger pelagics (do they even go to the caribbean) ?

Thanks again for the input.

I saw 3 Huge Manta Rays all together and 1 very large Whale Shark as well.

The only problem with seeing them is if you are concentrating on Macro Photography you will miss the big stuff. I should know I can't tell you how many times I have come up from a Macro dive and had someone ask if I saw the... and how could I have missed it It nearly ran me over....

You know how it goes... Should have been there yesterday!

Kevin Parkhurst

Back
Top Bottom