Caribe Blue... Is this a good place?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kuip

Registered
Reaction score
I notice that a lot of Scubaboarders stay at the Caribe Blue. I must be honest and confess that I had not heard much about this place prior to the last 3 or 4 months. All the reviews I have read on it give very high marks for cleanliness, (very important to wife/non-diver at this point in life). How would it compare to Coral Princess other than the obvious size? How does it compare to other places where you have stayed?
I may be down towards the end of January and most of the resorts we have stayed at will not be open yet. I did see some resent pictures and it appears to have been quite devastated, with cleanup continuing. Thanks for any help! kuip

Is it good? For us it was. For you, maybe. It doesn't compare at all to the Coral Princess. Caribe Blu is a small, simple 4 story hotel. It doesn't have an elevator, just stairs , and only 22 rooms. It would be best for low maintenance people, as it doesn't have much to entertain a non-diver, unless their idea of a vacation is chilling by the pool with a novel. There isn't a bar, so if getting foo-foo drinks is important to your wife, that might be a deal breaker. The on-site restaurant serves a simple, but good, breakfast and lunch. There is a small refrigerator in the rooms, so you can keep the beer cold. Unless you enjoy a 20 minute or more long walk, you'll want to take a taxi or rental car to a restaurant for dinner.

My non-diving wife really enjoyed staying there, she finish a whole novel. My non-diving kids were less positive about staying there. There just wasn't much for them to do, or so they complained. It is a great place for a diver to stay.

The pool is filled and open, and according to Christi, the dock is nearly done. The room was clean, but very basic. I'd definitely return there, but probably not with my kids.

Here are the photos.

Thanks diveborg, I had looked at your pictures before I posted. Fufu drinks are not important but cleanliness is a must. Your help is appreciated. Thank-you

Its a terrible horrible place and tell all your friends too. If it gets too popular we won't be able to go back!! We really liked this place and the convienence of their location but we both like to go party and not stay in hotels that are huge with 100's or 1000's of people. We bought a blender and made Mango margaritas for quite a few people at the pool.

Its not for everyone but its one of our favorite places to stay anywhere. They still owe me a night dive for 2!! I have to go back.

kuip:
I did see some resent pictures and it appears to have been quite devastated, with cleanup continuing. kuip
I assume you saw the pictures in my recent photo gallery. The reconstruction is to the point where things are almost completely back to normal. As to the room cleanliness, we never had a problem. I always tend to leave the maid a few pesos each day when leaving for diving, and this always helps. The place is basic, as mentioned before, and the location is a bit far from the center of the action, but otherwise it performs exactly as advertised. If this is what you want, there are few other places to compare, I think. I just wish the shore diving had not taken such a hit. I will really miss that :crying2: , although what is left isn't really all that bad.

WOODMAN:
I assume you saw the pictures in my recent photo gallery. The reconstruction is to the point where things are almost completely back to normal. As to the room cleanliness, we never had a problem. I always tend to leave the maid a few pesos each day when leaving for diving, and this always helps. The place is basic, as mentioned before, and the location is a bit far from the center of the action, but otherwise it performs exactly as advertised. If this is what you want, there are few other places to compare, I think. I just wish the shore diving had not taken such a hit. I will really miss that :crying2: , although what is left isn't really all that bad.
Yup, I saw your pictures too Woodman. Thanks for posting them. I believe Diveborgs are more recent since there looks to be a new paint job on the pool.

Borg,

Was the pol filled by the time you left?

Harpua

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom