Question Carpe Diem or Carpe Novo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ontwreckdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We are looking at going to the Maldives in 2024 with my non diving wife. She went with us on Blackbeard's and enjoyed herself, so anything now with be a step up. We want to do the southern route, so is there much difference in the 2 boats.
What would be the best time of year to go. She likes to snorkel.
thanks

Doesn't Carpe Vita do the Southern route anymore?

Also curious why you folks want to do the southern route?

Doesn't Carpe Vita do the Southern route anymore?

Also curious why you folks want to do the southern route?
I am looking at the Carpe Diem or Carpe Novo not the Vita. I read that the southern route is where you see the Mantas, Hammerheads, Whale Sharks and eagle rays.

I was on the Carpe Nova about 6 months after she entered service. She was a very nice vessel. I've only been on 2 other liveaboards, the Explore Ventures vessel in Turks & Caicos & the the MV Spree out the Flower Gardens. The Carpe Nova was definitely a step up in amenities, over the T&CII, and a world of differences over the MV Spree. The Carpe Nova is a bigger vessel than the others in their fleet. I wouldn't think twice about taking another trip on the Carpe Nova. We were there in August and had a couple from the UK that were snorkeling. They were taken to a different area than the scuba divers via the VIB. They loved it, they didn't feel shorted with their experience. It seemed like this was a pretty normal procedure for the crew.

I am looking at the Carpe Diem or Carpe Novo not the Vita. I read that the southern route is where you see the Mantas, Hammerheads, Whale Sharks and eagle rays.
I realize that. You are looking at the oldest and the newest of the fleet. The Vita is the second newest. I have found it to be a very comfortable boat. My friend likes it too but prefers the Novo, the newest.

I usually recommend the Carpe Nova but recently had some repeat divers who were disappointed. Meals subpar and they parked at one dive site for 3 days.

I now have been recommending the Blue Force ships and have had excellent reports on their Maldives and Red Sea ships.

Scubaspa also offer top quality ships.

As noted the Deep South routes are usually for sharks and may be one-way itineraries with a flight required back to Male. These may often be 10-day trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom