Carribean destination, Macro, convenient from NY area airport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. Was in Curaçao last Feb - I thought it had gotten a bit run down
Curious as to where on the island you dove. When I have seen any negative comment like yours about the diving in CUR invariably the diving was not on the west end/Sabana Westpunt area.

For me, the top caribbean macro locations have been Bonaire and Little Cayman. I've also found the shore dives on Grand Cayman to be good for macro, particularly at night.
Agreed on Bonaire (not been to LC).

Belize Half Moon and Long Caye have great macro as well.

I guess it depends on what you want/mean by macro. For weird and unusual critters St Vincent should be on the list. If you want arrow crabs and such then Little Cayman is OK, but they are more into taking you to the wall and looking at larger things. Compared to the South Pacific (in my view) the macro in the caribbean is quite lacking. You can (or soon will be able to) get from NY to Manila non-stop. Anilao is real macro critter heaven, well worth the long flight.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom