carribean scuba diving sites advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man (and everyone else),
I saw your recent reply about factoring in a 'non-diving spouse' into one's decision about where to go in the Caribbean. I'm planning a last minute trip in June to the Caribbean with a non-diving girlfriend (in fact, while she enjoys relaxing on the beach, she has an unearthly fear of being IN the ocean!). Thus, i'll be diving alone (recreational diving), but would want to have other enjoyable entertainment for us to enjoy during the trip.

I was hoping to get some opinions from the SB members as to what Caribbean destination(s) might meet this requirement the best. Thanks everyone!

any places you had in mind to choose from? We just dove in Grand Turk...lucky my wife likes to dive but if she didnt we dove from pretty close to shore...I could see the beach from our boat and the pick up and drop off point is ON the sand where a lot of people were laying out or snorkeling from shore. Plus there is a nice little bar on the sand there too. =)

The best place in the world to go is Montego Bay Jamaica, Sandals Resort. Great diving, all-inclusive no hassle resort. plenty of fun and no tipping allowed and food off the hook. If you need details, e-mail me at underwateradventurediveandtravel@cox.net. or wirtzy@cox.net. This is where i take my wife and have ofr over 15 years. We go other places but this is home!!

Rhone Man (and everyone else),
I saw your recent reply about factoring in a 'non-diving spouse' into one's decision about where to go in the Caribbean. I'm planning a last minute trip in June to the Caribbean with a non-diving girlfriend (in fact, while she enjoys relaxing on the beach, she has an unearthly fear of being IN the ocean!). Thus, i'll be diving alone (recreational diving), but would want to have other enjoyable entertainment for us to enjoy during the trip.

I was hoping to get some opinions from the SB members as to what Caribbean destination(s) might meet this requirement the best. Thanks everyone!

Gosh, plenty of options. Good diving + non-diving spouse to entertain, I think I'd probably look at Turks & Caicos, Bahamas, St Lucia and Aruba.

Thanks for all of the great input, everyone!! How are Cozumel or Grand Caymans for people travelling with non-diving spouses? Any thoughts?

I don't know much about Coz. Cayman is great, but it is a bit pricey.

I have been to 12 islands in the Caribbean and enjoyed them all. If I wanted to plan a trip it would probably be to one of the easier ones to get to so I could get in the water sooner without having to change planes.

hey rhone man,
i'm getting PADI certified this summer 2010 and am planning a trip to do my first dives
in the caribbean sometime in 2011. when are the off-peak times to go diving? how does
cozumel compare with the dominican republic for a first time diver? and what does a week
cost for 1-2 star accomodations in either place? please write back. thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply, any recommendatioons for a country? Thinking of Key West, Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands....
scubanorm

I prefer the upper Keys to Key West, especially key Largo/Tavernier area. Although I would like to check out the Vandenberg...

Thanks Electrix,
So - which would you consider the top 3 'easiest' ones?

Back
Top Bottom