Casa Mexicana and Del Mar Aquatics--how close together are they....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
....and what dock is Del Mar using for their boats?
we are staying at Casa Mexicana in February and diving with Del Mar. Will our gear stay at Del Mar Aquatics?

Casa Mexicana is downtown about three blocks south of the square/ferry pier area.

The dive shop may be at Casa del Mar hotel about four kilometers south of town. Both hotels can be found here

Cozumel, Mexico map with hotel locations

Contact the dive shop to verify location, pick up details, paperwork etc.

Not sure if it matters to you, but Aqua Safari is two doors down from Casa Mexicana, and they have a little pier across the street, probably 50 yards from the hotel's front door.

I know nothing about Aqua Safari....

In general Aqua Safari uses really slow boats so if you like a nice leisurely boat ride they may be OK for you. If you decide that getting to Del Mar's location at your expense (I'm guessing that's your responsibility) Aldora & Blue XT Sea pick up downtown.

You booked with the hotel and the operator without asking? Or are you going with a group that arranged this?
Casa Mexicana is downtown about three blocks south of the square/ferry pier area.

The dive shop may be at Casa del Mar hotel about four kilometers south of town. Both hotels can be found here

Cozumel, Mexico map with hotel locations

Contact the dive shop to verify location, pick up details, paperwork etc.
I dived with them on one of my first trips to Coz, went with a group who'd booked them, staying at Casa del Mar, and Del Mar Aquatics was right across the bridge from the hotel. I don't know if they still have that concession and dock. Does anyone know? Seems like I saw something about a new house op at that hotel, but my memory can't be trusted.

Be sure to take all the gear you want. Pretty high rental rates, and they'd lose me on the 100 cf tanks.

Daily rates
• Dive Light: $ 23.00 US
• Regulator: $ 12.00 US
• Wetsuit: $ 12.00 US
• Nitrox Tank 80cu ft: $ 17.00 US
• Nitrox Tank 100cu ft: $ 20.00 US
• BCD: $ 12.00 US
• Fins: $ 6.00 US
• Air Tank : $ 9.00 US
• Air Tank 100cft: $ 14.00 US
Twice as much for a light as for a reg? :idk: Highest Nitrox rates I've ever seen.

Del Mar Aquatics seems to have an office on 5th Ave just off of 3rd St South, about 350 meters from Casa Mexican. If they don't dock nearby, perhaps they can give you a ride...?

Capture.jpg

IIRC, Dive House is the new House Dive Op at the Casa Del Mar. I THINK that Del Mar Aquatics now operates out of El Cid La Cieba. I haven't used either of them, at least in a very, very long time. Once, a long, long time ago, I think it was 1993 or 1994, I had given up on Fantasea Divers (which is no longer even around), I was staying at El Cid, and went with Del Mar Aquatics for one day. Big, slow boat, 22 or 23 divers, they put us all in the water at one, with one DM at front and one in the rear, and drove us like a herd of cattle through the dive. I canceled further dives with them and found a different Op. But a lot can change in 22 years.

They have moved a couple hundred yards north of Casa Del Mar, but they do have another location downtown that isn't too far from Casa Mexicana. I think they still use the same pier though. They have 2 or 3 boats. I don't know if their new shop has storage space for your gear. delmaraquatics dive center dive shop Cozumel mexico reefs Here is a link to their facebook page also https://www.facebook.com/delmaraquaticdiveshop/?fref=ts They are usually pretty quick at answering questions on the fb page.

I asked a few questions on Del Mar Aquatics facebook--got quick responses. The old
Aqua Safari Pier is now Aldora Pier and very close to Casa Mexicana. We will be picked up there by the boats. Google Earth shows just how close. The shop is south of the hotel a few blocks. The Del Mars parted company a couple years ago--Dive House is at that hotel now. We used them last trip and liked Dive House. Ran into a DEMA deal so took it......Thanks for all the info!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom