Casa Mexicana - Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteve:
They were correct when they told you they weren't in front of the cruise ship pier - the pier is next to Paradise reef which is round from the Barracuda.

There are three cruise ship piers. Two of them are indeed near Paradise Reef, which is between El Presidente and La Ceiba (quite a bit south of the Barracuda), and the third is directly across the street from Punta Langosta, which pretty well puts it right in front of Casa Mexicana.

I agree with Mike about Casa Mission; it's off my list. We went there last month, and the food wasn't bad IMO, it was just 'way too expensive for what it was.

Are we talking about the same restaurant? La Mission...billed as "The divers restaurant," Just up the road from Viva Mexicana? Very open almost in a grass hut style, with a little "stream" as you walk in and a piano player in the back? Has about 10 items on the menu none (that I recall) more expensive than 13 dollars? Two of us had dinner with a drink there for less than 30 including tip. Reasonable by any standards IMO.

DrSteve:
Are we talking about the same restaurant? La Mission...billed as "The divers restaurant," Just up the road from Viva Mexicana? Very open almost in a grass hut style, with a little "stream" as you walk in and a piano player in the back? Has about 10 items on the menu none (that I recall) more expensive than 13 dollars? Two of us had dinner with a drink there for less than 30 including tip. Reasonable by any standards IMO.

No, we're not. Casa Mission is a ways back in town northeast of the square; it is a big fancy building on large grounds that has sort of a zoo with two lions, a big snake, some monkeys and stuff. Same folks as the other Mission(s), though, I believe.

Is the place with the bridges inside it a Mission now? The last time I was in there (3 or 4 years ago, I guess) it was named something else. La Mission was across the street from it, next to La Choza.

Yes, they have common ownership

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom