Casey Key Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OLDCOOT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there anything to find diving off of Casey Key Beach? I know it is not one of the better sites but I would think there has to be something worth while there.

It is the beach at the end of Abee Road West. The road ends at Casey Key Road and there is a public beach right there. I just looked at the map and the map calls it Nokomis Beach. There are a bunch of rental condos in the area and I have managed to rent one for the winter so this would be an easy dive entry for me. I don't know if there is anything worth seeing in the gulf there and would really like to know if I am going to waste my time diving there. I will probably do it anyway but it would be nice to know. Thanks, Oldcoot

I haven't dove Nokomis/Casey Key/Manasota, but I do recall a previous thread about a year ago or more about diving that area. You might try doing a search. I understand, second hand, there are fossils to be found and an occasionlly nice finds but they are not consistient. If you dive there, a dive report and any pictures of finds would be a greatly appreciated.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom