casio and canon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaf88

Contributor
Reaction score
hello,
i posted this question a ways back with no response. i want to get a portable camera that can also go underwater. i have a c5050 anf that is great but not portable enough. i want either the casio exz3 or the new canon sd100. first- does anyone know if a housing is in the works for the exz3( a real housing and not the 10 foot model they have)? i kjnow that the canon s not out yet but has anyone heard or read anything good about this model?

Zaf....I've never heard of the Casio camera. Casio means watches to me! You might check here at DigiDeep for a housing. It's the best resource I know of for matching housings with cameras. But if these are so new, they may not be listed yet.

That's probably why you got no response before, they're so new no one has them. You can be the guinea pig and get the first one!

I just recently bought a S400 to replace my broken Canon S100. It's a little bit bigger than the SD100 but has 3x zoom and 4 M pixel.
I also bought the Canon UW housing for it but haven't used it yet. It is rated to 130ft, not 100 ft like the older Canon housings.
Check the www.powershot.com site for info. You may also want to check out the Canon forum on ]DPreview.com for comments on Canon cameras.

/Mike
DiverGuy.com[/URL

zaf88:
thanks for the response. if you havent heard of the ex-z3 i suggest you check it out. i think its the smallest 3 MP camera out to date.
Did you ever find a housing for the Casio EX-Z3 ?
thanks Turtleguy

The housing was just brought on the market today. I was quoted a price of $170.-, plus shipping.

Dee:
Zaf....I've never heard of the Casio camera.

Well we got lucky and have the Casio camera...I would say it takes better pictures than our Stylus 400, has a manual white balance setting, has a wide selection of settings, (protrait,firework, food, twilight, 21 in all),records sound.....all in all a nice camera. Over all size - it is about as big as a creditcard, slimmer than a pack of cigi's. Uses SM cards.

If we get a housing I'll let you know about how well it works underwater.

The big question... The Casio z3 claims to have .01 second shutter lag. We were looking into this camera (or a very similar model) a half a year back, but my wife picked up a Canon s400 after reading several comparison reviews. If it really has that little shutter lag it'll pretty much end fish butt shots. It's very nice that they came out with a housing for this unit.

Steve

justleesa:
Well we got lucky and have the Casio camera...I would say it takes better pictures than our Stylus 400, has a manual white balance setting, has a wide selection of settings, (protrait,firework, food, twilight, 21 in all),records sound.....all in all a nice camera. Over all size - it is about as big as a creditcard, slimmer than a pack of cigi's. Uses SM cards.

If we get a housing I'll let you know about how well it works underwater.

Shutter lag is a good thing, it makes you a much more stealthy photographer. :wink:

friscuba:
The big question... The Casio z3 claims to have .01 second shutter lag.
OK, I tried to press the buttons at the same time and I think I was successful....the picture showed up on the casio much faster than it did on the olympus. I can't say if it was .01, but it seemed much faster.
Then again I find taking pictures on the surface things seem to go much faster than UW, or is it just me?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom