Cataract surgery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have me by a year. In August will be 53 and after a year plus with my new eyes I now have 20/10 using both eyes. Just got back from a marathon drive to and from Cozumel with 2 1/2 days of diving thrown in for fun. I had much rather fly for 3 hours than drive for 43 hours.

Will be in the pool this weekend with eight students and next weekend in Florida with about 20 students doing OW and AOW certificiations. One thing with cataract surgery is that you will find reading glasses mandatory if you're not already using them.

I have to use readers on the surface but with the water magnifying everything about 25 percent I can see my computer and camera controls with no problem.

Hi......

Cataract problem is the most common eye disease which people are facing today.This problem is mainly caused by the clouding of the natural lens of the eye.

Even i had the cataract in one of my eyes at the age of 20 .I was very distrubed as i was unaware of this disease,then my friends suggested me Sharpsight Centre who did my cataract surgery using crystalens .Sharpsight Centers are the olny centres in India having FDA approved intraocular crystalens eye treatment technology.For more information you can visit.........

sharpsight.in

Hi Guys,
I have a cataract in the left eye and my Dr. Recommends waiting on surgery since I dive. I just got a new corrective lense, but my left eye is still really fuzzy underwater.I have extremely bad floaters in both eyes which are supposedly worsened by cataract surgery. Does anyone out there have opinions or experiences either way?
Ben

Hi Guys,
I have a cataract in the left eye and my Dr. Recommends waiting on surgery since I dive. I just got a new corrective lense, but my left eye is still really fuzzy underwater.I have extremely bad floaters in both eyes which are supposedly worsened by cataract surgery. Does anyone out there have opinions or experiences either way?
Ben

With the cataract surgery the floaters and bad glare problems totally went away. My doctor said no diving for three months. My vision is razor sharp with no glasses other than some 1.5 readers.

The doctor did no stitch surgery. I told him that I was a diver and instructor and so just to be on the safe side he did some research hence the three month recommendation. He just wanted to make sure that everything healed properly.

I had cataract surgery on both eyes this spring. The surgery was a piece of cake and I'm delighted with the results. I did not have floater problems either before or after.

A 3 three month wait before diving seems to be the conventional wisdom. I dove after only 2 months on one eye and 3 months on the other eye with my doctors permission. No problems.

Had both my eyes operated over a period of 14 months few yrs ago.
The short sightedness had gone but need reading glasses now. Attached two planer convex lens on the mask so I can read the slate or the computer.

Had cataracts in both eyes from running dive boats for many years,,had them taken care of about 8 years ago and still running boats,,only use sunglasses all the time now.

also when my Doc found out i was a SCUBA INST i taught both him and his wife plus 3 kids to dive.so i got back some of my money,Ha,,Ha,,,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom