Cateye Safety Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firewater K

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I am a biker above water and a new diver below. I was looking at replacement parts for lights on my bicycle and noticed that Cateye makes safety lights that are good to 50m. Since I am recreational this is more than enough. I am looking for one to attach to the dive line at the safety stop (I'm new and want another reminder) or to attach to the line and the bottom. Do you recommend the white or red light? Also, I am still having to take alot of time to equalize my ears on decent and usually fall behind my buddy a little, would one of these lights on the back of the tank be a good idea to help me following my buddy or spotting from above and if so what color would be best? Appreciate all the help!

The site for the light is:
Cateye - Tail & Safety Headlights - Sl-ld100

White for the drop line and for you being visible on the surface. Red for keeping track of your buddy at night. Guess you need both!

thanks, I can't wait to see how they work in the water

I didn't search long, but couldn't find a price. How much do they cost?

Not a bad price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom