Cave video and light setups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bglaess

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What setups are you all running for taking videos in caves? Looking for advice and suggestions for a setup (bracket to mount go pro and video light/s) for swimming and scootering that I can attach to my scooter. I currently have a Go Pro hero 12 and my primary light provides some good light for the videos but its not great and it is difficult at times to hold the camera with one hand and position the light with the other. I am by no means looking at going crazy on the setup maybe $500-1.5k depending on lights and bracket.

RAM Mounts GoPro Mount - A versatile and durable mounting solution with adjustable arms for flexibility. Price: Around $30-50.
and for lights
Kraken Sports Hydra 3500 - A powerful and compact video light with multiple brightness settings and a wide beam angle. Price: Around $400-600 per light.
or
Light and Motion Sola Dive 2500 - A high-quality video light with a bright output and long battery life. Price: Around $500-700 per light.

.. it is difficult at times to hold the camera with one hand and position the light with the other.
Maybe put both the lights and the camera mounted on an economical helmet. Then both turn without using your hands to hold them.

My on camera setup is a Backscatter wide tray with Sola Video Pro 3800s on camera, but what is important is having your lead person lighting things up and giving your videos scale.

Here is @Norwegian Cave Diver lighting up Chan-Hol mostly with his LM VF light and a HP50 with video filter occasionally.

YT Link

Here is a guide with a BigBlue 10k video light.

YT Link

These are early videos before I developed my own personal style. Now I have switched to doing much more planned videos using drop lights and myself as the model since it takes several dives to get what I want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom