Catfish anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been experimenting taking pics in a dark cavern situation and have seen lots of cat schools. They are very afraid of light so it's hard to get close without spooking them. Here is a shot that shows the power of Levels in Photo Shop. The first is how the original looked and the second is after a generous push to the left of the right two sliders in the RGB channel of Levels. It's not an award winner but I seem to have gotten something from nothing.

Awesome! I was hoping you saw those schools. I was trying to point them out. Amazing work that photoshop can do. That second picture is so cool. It really gives you an idea of how dark that cavern is with the lights out. An eel is even in the shot!

Matt

verona:
Nice one sea yoda. Is that an eel in the bottom right corner?
Thanks and yes that is a fresh water eel.

Excellent pics!

Makes me realize I need to learn more about PhotoShop.

Yoda:

Good work in PS! I played with your picture and with the exception of cloning out some of the backscatter, I could not get it to look any better than yours. PS lets you keep a lot of stuff that you would have thrown out in the old days.

---Bob

Back
Top Bottom