Cave diving course in California?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to freak you out more I went into that vast cavern alone with only one flashlight and no backup reg! Gasp! The insanity!!!
:) not freaking me out... I don't really care.... in cave diving (which that wasn't) if you don't follow the rules, you die... You don't have to take a cave diving class... unless you want to go somewhere that has real caves and then they are going to require that you have a cave cert... but then if you don't follow the rules (which a LOT of people died to become their foundation) it is on you.

So then where was my lack of redundant equipment if it wasn't lol. You said you were offended and my obvious lack of redundant equipment said enough alone. Could be taken insulting but that was actually pretty funny.

WM, this is how it is... you don't have to do anything you don't want too.... We ALL know your experience level because you told us what it was.. If your diving is all about you, it's a waste of your money to pay for a DM class because no one is going to hire you when you take off on someone your guiding... Yes classes cost, if you don't learn from them and just get your c-card, it is your loss.

Do you? Please, tell me my experience level. I'll wait.

Seriously? Because I don't want to be stuck with some vacationing doofus that can't even achieve nurtral buoyancy I'm going to abandoned my future divers/students? Hahaha ok buddy.

So then where was my lack of redundant equipment if it wasn't lol. You said you were offended and my obvious lack of redundant equipment said enough alone. Could be taken insulting but that was actually pretty funny.
Was for seconds offended that you turned on me when I suggested to the others that you were not in a true "cave" environment..
You STATE your skill level (having just gotten certified) and display your dive count as less than 100...

but then... I'm done with this thread...

Turned on you???? Uhhh what lol. No. Apparently I used the wrong term. It wasn't a cave. That's fine. You seemed to be suggesting a lack of incompetence and stupidity on my part for not having redundant cave equipment and then stated it wasn't even a cave???

Recently certified?! Don't know where you got that. Been diving for 15 years now. Because of my low number of logged dives? Yeah. Don't care too much about logging them. Only until recently did I half care about logging when I realized DM would require them. I have thousands of hours in dive time with hundreds of hours being completely solo out off the coast. Also a PSD/blackwater diver. But please tell me more about what I need and what you know about me.

No. On second thought run along now.

So you'll have to forgive me when I get a chuckle at the idea of giving PADI hundreds of my dollars to tell me I'm ok to dive by myself or pay $60 for a required night dive book to inform me of the super secret knowledge of bringing a flashlight.

I apologize if anything I said was taken as rude or turning on you(?). I'm not here to argue. But you sure seemed to come down on me based on your own assumptions.

Last edited:
OK... redundant is solo... it can be cave as well... Get to the back of that "cave" and let your first stage bomb on you and then tell me how you don't need a redundant air supply. Already said you don't have to take a cave class to dive in caves, but you do have to follow the rules of cave diving (oddly enough one is dont dive beyond your training). I don't know about dive boats in California, but in Florida if it is a deep dive you don't get to go without a card that says you are either an Advanced diver or Deep diver. Most specialties are for people that WANT someone to show them how to complete a specific type of dive... Thats not you but the reality is boat owner won't take your lack of a c-card on as a liability when running trips.... It's coming to the point that if you are not a CERTIFIED PSD/Blackwater diver you wont be doing that either... too many PSD divers dying because they didn't have the training/re-training that goes with the job. :) now I'm done.

OK... redundant is solo... it can be cave as well... Get to the back of that "cave" and let your first stage bomb on you and then tell me how you don't need a redundant air supply. Already said you don't have to take a cave class to dive in caves, but you do have to follow the rules of cave diving (oddly enough one is dont dive beyond your training). I don't know about dive boats in California, but in Florida if it is a deep dive you don't get to go without a card that says you are either an Advanced diver or Deep diver. Most specialties are for people that WANT someone to show them how to complete a specific type of dive... Thats not you but the reality is boat owner won't take your lack of a c-card on as a liability when running trips.... It's coming to the point that if you are not a CERTIFIED PSD/Blackwater diver you wont be doing that either... too many PSD divers dying because they didn't have the training/re-training that goes with the job. :) now I'm done.
Lol!!! Tell you what would happen? I'd swim out! Don't over complicate this. It's scuba diving not brain surgery.

I guess when you start diving deeper than open water scuba divers WITHOUT air, a tank and single reg IS your redundant safety system and then some.

:) you swim out, I'll switch to my alternate cylinder/reg set...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom