Cave Diving Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kierentec

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Since the last thread got deleted, I figured I'd repost a link to the article with a few extra notes:

1. Go cave diving
2. Follow the rules
3. If you screw up (we all do), apologize
4. Have fun
5. Be nice

Cave Diving Etiquette

You forgot to mention don't exceed your experience or comfort level

That's item #2 on his list above and covered by both the Golden Rule (anyone can call any dive at any time for any reason with no repercussions) and the first rule of accident analysis.

However, @kierentec did forget "even if you can't always be good, you should always look good!" :D

Allow me to add a few rules, that sadly, I have seen

1 - Never stuff your used cath in your partners second stage mouthpiece. It's OK to put it on their radio antenna or stretch it over their trailer hitch ball.
2 - Never vent your pee valve on the surface, out of the water, on the deck at Orange Grove. Creeps some people out.
3 - Its OK to spit in you own mask as defog, not so much into someone else's.
4 - If you just have to barf at deco, try to make sure you are downstream of the rest of your group, avoiding the chunks could screw up their deco.
5 - If you pee in your wetsuit, rinse it out before putting it in the back of a friends station wagon in the middle of the summer.

So why was the previous thread deleted?? I think a Mod explanation is required.
It was deleted. It took a circuitous journey to the Tek to Tek Cave Diving forum. It is still there and active now.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom