Cave Fills on LP tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LP131's? You mean Q bottles? They're great for a portable tig rig!

Seriously, I saw one once. If it didn't have a yoke valve on it I would have thought it was a legit industrial gas cylinder.

LP131's? You mean Q bottles? They're great for a portable tig rig!

Seriously, I saw one once. If it didn't have a yoke valve on it I would have thought it was a legit industrial gas cylinder.

@JonnyC NONSENSE.....Now you have a double hose this is what you want....1800 psi triples pumped till the bands are tight
20180604_003022.jpg
. The weights at the bottom are cause they get a little floaty when the pressure drops below 500psi.

Pair of lp131, lp72s, lp85 (haven't I.d. yet), and an lp 104 all @ 3200, dozen al80s and a couple o2 northbound tomorrow.

Let's stay in our lanes.

Now about that garage @kensuf.

A couple of propane tanks for the BBQ to top would be the cat's a$$...:rofl3:

A couple of propane tanks for the BBQ to top would be the cat's a$$...:rofl3:

What kind of northern Canadian would I be if that wasn't in my roadside emergency supply kit?

Screenshot_2017-08-07-14-00-31-1.png

...You mean these? Only have a 6 pack along this trip.

Showing off the slightly unhappy yet servavable oring from my save-a-dive kit that is a similar size to the one that blew on my camp stove, for added thread-jacking purpose.

...wonder if you can overfill those 1lb propane bottles?

Edit: bad idea Overfilled propane tanks pose huge safety risk

What kind of northern Canadian would I be if that wasn't in my roadside emergency supply kit?
Showing off the slightly unhappy yet servavable oring from my save-a-dive kit that is a similar size to the one that blew on my camp stove, for added thread-jacking purpose.

LMAO... ya the old "Close'nuff" o-ring...

Interesting how SB staff members “promote” overfills on LP cylinders as standard practise in cave counrty.

Operating outside of industry standards is negligence IMO. When I read about issues in cave counrty related to instructor training, protocols, divers without certification and other incidents, I am not suprised.

Interesting how SB staff members “promote” overfills on LP cylinders as standard practise in cave counrty.

Operating outside of industry standards is negligence IMO. When I read about issues in cave counrty related to instructor training, protocols, divers without certification and other incidents, I am not suprised.

So I can't resist..

Well, while you are "reading about" issues in cave country. Some of us live here and dive a lot and are around this every day. I would challenge you to show me another sport where training and accepted safety standards are more standardized. And with structured training. Do exceptions exist? Sure, but this community tends to call each other out and push each other in the right direction.

The practice of overfilling LP tanks is not some deviant renegade rul-breaking practice. It is a calcualted balance of risk, based on much consideration of all factors.

Knowingly operating outside defined standards and DOT regulations is negligence and a direct violation thereof, I don't care how you want to sugar coat it; Your use of calculated risk as "mitigation" when violating DOT regulations is a prime example of the dangerous mindset and culture.

Do you drive under the influence of alcohol/drugs?
Do you violate other regulations in your country?
Or do you apply the same calculated balance of risk to these...

Many divers use the forum to find knowledge, share experiences and improve, however the knowledge and message in treads like this breeds the mentality that standards and regulation are there to be broken.

Wake up before you harm others around you.....

Hey Ken...any updates on your garage?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom