Cavern In Doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAUI Tec also allows cavern in doubles (that's the only way I will teach it now).

My NSS-CDS instructor allowed doubles in Cavern. As others have mentioned, it is best to ask your instructor before you show up for the class.

I just did the NACD Cavern and Intro class in doubles.

Four of us did our Cavern and Intro with doubles through TDI & NACD. GDI was the instructor. Great classes and training. It definitely prepared us for Apprentice and Full.

("very comfortable" Toorish? I'm not sure many would describe carrying 120's out of Challenge comfortable--but then again that was Full, not Cavern)

Bryan B

Hey Bryan --

Well, that was a completely different story! LOL

J

Ok, so it sounds like ALL agencies will let you do it in doubles (well, no one mentioned if PADI allows doubles; I think I read they don't). Thanks, everyone.

You may need a silly discretionary written doubles waiver expires in a year thingee if you dont have Full Cave after that time ???

Yeah, for some agencies, its at Instructors discretion and you may need a waiver.

TDI will allow it, without any limitations.

Rainer:
Ok, so it sounds like ALL agencies will let you do it in doubles (well, no one mentioned if PADI allows doubles; I think I read they don't).
For Cavern, they (PADI) do not allow doubles. I just took the PADI Cavern in May, and that was pointed out to me specifically by the instructor (who was also my Tec instructor, and with whom I usually dive doubles).

Only NACD still has the discretionary apprentice manure, AFAIK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom