Cayman Air Experienced Multiple Technical Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was pretty pumped to be honest. I prefer flying KX but didn’t expect them to be cheaper than Jet Blue

I flew from JFK to GCM two weeks ago for US$129 on KX. JetBlue and AA were over $300. Also two bags free. I think pricing is relative :)

Is that round trip? Those are great prices!

I wish Cayman Air had regular flights from ORD throughout the year, they do offer flights on 2 days per week during the high season, but not during the rest of the year.

I saw another post saying that approximately 40 guests plus their baggage that were staying at Little Cayman Beach Resort, were affected by the mechanical problems on Cayman Airways and had to be ferried to Brac - that's more than I expected - that was a big job!

Last edited:
I saw another post saying that approximately 40 guests plus their baggage that were staying at Little Cayman Beach Resort, were affected by the mechanical problems on Cayman Airways and had to be ferried to Brac - that's more than I expected - that was a big job!

Kathy, I was one of those 50ish that were transported by boat on 5/12. I have to give credit to LCBR! They handled it fantastically. Cayman Air however didn't... We had no info from them other than emails contradicting themselves. The manager of LCBR was very good at getting everything set up and making sure that everyone could get over. It was actually a nice boat ride to end a lovely trip. We will definitely be going back to LCBR!!!!!

Our Saab plane had mechanical issues for our 830a 5/27 flight from the Brac to Grand and we were bumped to an earlier 6a flight on a twin otter. We only had 8 people on our plane so I'm not sure if everyone got the communication about the 830a flight being canceled because we didn't get it until around 7p the night before via email.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom