Cayman Brac Beach Resort Late December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Kathy! I hope everything clears up as well.

Will keep my eyes peeled for a good liveaboard deal for later in 2020.

Here is the holiday deal going on @ CBBR that I booked:

Free Room with Holiday Dive Special | Cayman Brac Beach Resort

That looks like a very nice package, especially over the busy holiday week! Did they charge you a single supplement? The package price includes most things like transfers, hotel taxes and service charges, all meals and 2 dives per day.

It doesn't include the dive shop tips or the afternoon dives. You may have done this already - but if not, you can add on 5 afternoon dives for a pretty decent price. At least the price has been pretty good in the past - like $150 if I recall correctly? But be sure to add the extra dives on in advance, the price may be higher if you add them onsite at the resort.

If you enjoy imbibing some alcoholic beverages on vacation be aware that your package doesn't include a drinks package and prices at the bar at the resort are pretty steep - and there will be a 15% service charge added to anything you buy at the bar - even a coke. You can add on a drinks package in advance that gives you 3 (well) drinks per day. And/or you can buy a bottle of liquor at the duty-free shop in the airport before you leave the US to mix some of your own drinks. When you travel from the airport you will see small grocery and liquor stores on the way to the resort. You can borrow a bike from the hotel and pedal over to the stores to pick up some mixers if you wish - but be aware that the stores are closed on Sundays - and bring a water bottle and a hat because it will be a hot bike ride! There is an ice machine for guest use right near the bar.

What times does your flight arrive at GCM and what is the departure time for your connecting flight to Brac? I'm asking because your meal package begins with dinner on the arrival day - but you can get lunch at the beach bar if you arrive early. Or if you have enough time on Grand Cayman - take the free shuttle to the George Town Yacht Club for lunch before you leave GCM.

There are a lot of CBBR fans on Scuba Board so let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks again Kathy-

Yes, single supplement is on there now. Hoping to convince a friend or relative to go, but if not the supplement is $300. I have until November 28 to find a willing and able body!

I added the 5 afternoon dives + Nitrox, total was just under $300 for the add-ons. Trip to Little Cayman is included, weather permitting.

I don't drink at all, so that will save me some $$$!!!!

The Clearly Cayman rep I spoke to said to sign up for twilight/night dives right when I arrive, they happen on Tuesday and Thursday, and hopefully they will fill up. I think she said those are $90.

I land in GCM at 12:20 pm on Dec 28, flight to Brac leaves at 2:45. Return flight leaves Brac at 10:30, arrive to GCM at 11:15. GCM-DTW leaves at 2:45, so I don't have time to leave airport, but I felt comfortable I will have time for transfers both ways, even if there is a delay.

Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming trip!

Thanks again Kathy-

Yes, single supplement is on there now. Hoping to convince a friend or relative to go, but if not the supplement is $300. I have until November 28 to find a willing and able body!

I added the 5 afternoon dives + Nitrox, total was just under $300 for the add-ons. Trip to Little Cayman is included, weather permitting.

I don't drink at all, so that will save me some $$$!!!!

The Clearly Cayman rep I spoke to said to sign up for twilight/night dives right when I arrive, they happen on Tuesday and Thursday, and hopefully they will fill up. I think she said those are $90.

I land in GCM at 12:20 pm on Dec 28, flight to Brac leaves at 2:45. Return flight leaves Brac at 10:30, arrive to GCM at 11:15. GCM-DTW leaves at 2:45, so I don't have time to leave airport, but I felt comfortable I will have time for transfers both ways, even if there is a delay.

Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming trip!

I forgot about the extra charge for Nitrox, so that does increase the price of the dives. Yes, you can sign up for the night dives onsite and see if they fill up. I hope you find a buddy that will be willing to share!

That would be a fun trip!

My LDS is going to Curacao in February, so might be able to convince the non-diving fiancee to go on that one, otherwise I will definitely be looking for a spring/summer liveaboard trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom