cayman brac-great new year start

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaymi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been back a couple of weeks after spending a fabulous week during New Year's at the Divi Tiara on Cayman Brac. I had heard conflicting reports about the resort and dive shop. Let me clear it up, it was wonderful!!! Wish I could have stayed longer.
Although the weather was quite windy and it was difficult to get to some of the dive sites due to the rough water, the dive operation tried everything they could to get us on the dives we requested. (No way to make it over to Little Cayman though. Very disappointing.)
Our room was clean and suited our needs fine. We talked to others that said that some of the rooms were a bit outdated, but it looks like they are doing quite a bit of remodeling especially on the time-shares. I would definantly recommend the meal plan. The food was excellent!!! Since there are not many restaurants on the island and the ones that they have you will probably need a car to get to, the meal plan was the right idea. Thank goodness the food was spectacular because there were no cars available to rent for most of the week due to the holiday rush.
The weather was windy and the seas were 6-8 feet during week. The visibility was decreased during some of the dives, but still pretty good. Beautiful formations and loads of fish!!!! A turtle was spotted on almost every dive along with a few nurse sharks here and there. Fabulous walls and the wreck was a fun dive.
We were there for New Year's and Max, the general manager, put on a great party with a spectacular fireworks display. Would seriously consider during it again next year it was so good.
The dive shop was professional, friendly, and quite frankly spoiled us by setting up our gear everyday and washing it after the dive. I would like to thank Ken, Christian, and Scott who tried their hardest to get us to the dive sites we wanted and made the trip educational and very entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom