Cayman Brac Trip Report!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lisa_j

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
3/11-3/18/2006
Wow! What an awesome week at the Brac Reef beach resort. Each day there was a perfect 85+ degree sunny day and the water was a comfortable 79 degrees.

The resort was everything we could've asked for. Clean rooms, great food, beautiful grounds...and even though the place was 100% booked you'd never know it. They have a really nice operation there, complete with karaoke night, movie night and a cocktail party.

We dove 18 tanks with Reef Divers, which included 1 night dive and 2 dives on the Bloody Bay Wall. The DMs' briefings were right on and the sites were just beautiful. Vicki and Donnie were very knowledgable, safe and fun!
I would have to say our favorite day had to be when we dove Anchor Wall, Sgt. Major and Tarpon Reef, but everyday brought us new and exciting marine life and awesome structure. The vis varied from about 60-100 ft, depending how close to shore we were.
There were 2 non-divers in our group, and they had plenty to do with the bikes, kayaks, beach and snorkeling Brac Reef offered.

On Friday afternoon, our group rented 2 vans and took a tour of the island with 3 guides the resort referred to us. They brought us to the bat caves, the parrot reserve, the lighthouse on the bluffs, and a few other places.

We posted a few pictures at http://photos.fishoutercape.com/gallery/Cayman-Brac-Diving.

I highly recommend Brac Reef and Reef Divers to anyone contemplating where to stay or who to dive with on their vacation to the Brac. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

-Lisa

Thanks so much for your report. My club will be going there to the same resort in July. Did you dive the Lost City of Atlantis?

lisa_j:
3/11-3/18/2006
Wow!
I would have to say our favorite day had to be when we dove Anchor Wall,

-Lisa

I like that dive too! I also like East Chute, Rock Monster, and Strawberry Wall. Did you get to dive at Bus Stop Wall and see the flying gunards?

BrownMermaid and Scubasw, you're really gonna like it there I hope you have a blast!

We didn't dive Atlantis, actually never heard a mention of it while we were down there!
Caymaniac, I liked East Chute a lot too!!! Got a nice pic of the anemone at 110', but didn't see the big stick in front of it until we uploaded it to the laptop! Sounds like we're going to have to make another trip to get a better shot of it and also to check out Bus Stop Wall. :D

lisa_j:
Caymaniac, I liked East Chute a lot too!!! :D

Here's some more of the Brac, maybe you'll recognize a dive site...

caymaniac:
Here's some more of the Brac, maybe you'll recognize a dive site...

I don't see how posting your photos adds any value to lisa_j's trip report. A new thread for your pictures in the appropriate forum would be more appropriate. :wink:

jduncan:
I don't see how posting your photos adds any value to lisa_j's trip report. A new thread for your pictures in the appropriate forum would be more appropriate. :wink:

I would say that we have some mutual enjoyment of the Brac. I would say that it doesn't add value to her trip report, but it does value to others who may view this post and enjoy a few pictures of the place that the post is about. I would say your post is nothing but a whine. If you haven't noticed, this is the Cayman Island area of the forum, and is not a place for you to whine.....go to the "whine and cheese" forum. Obviously you've not been to the Brac or you would enjoy the pictures as well as the trip report. You should get out and dive some other place than Mass./ or update your bio on your public profile which says........ you haven't been anywhere.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you. If you look closely, I was in the pictures that Lisa posted. As a matter of fact, I took 90% of them. My comment on your second pictures post was completely warranted. It added no value to the trip report, and continuing this discussion here does the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom