Cayman Brac Trip Report!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jduncan:
I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you. My comment on your second pictures post was completely unwarranted. I added no value to the trip report, and continuing this discussion here does the same.

Did you update your profile yet?

Ouch! I'm not getting in the middle of this one. Just wanted to say thanks for BOTH the trip report AND the pictures. I'm thinking of taking the family to Brac this summer and it was both enjoyable and convenient to look at both.
No harm, no foul guys.
Thanks again!

Nice trip report. And you other two quit pissing on each other. It adds nothing constructive to the thread.

I maybe picky but I have a slightly different view of the reefs. I was not thrilled about some of the shallow reefs local to Brac Beach Resort. Just didn't think there was all that much coral. The deeper reefs were very good though IMO. And hey, diving is like life. No bad ones, just some better than others. Of course we had a cold front move in so temperatures were down but we managed. The water was about 79 degrees so I used a microprene all week.

I would like to caution, or warn anybody that plans to stay at Brac Beach Resort. Start dieting NOW. The food was incredibly good. As good or better than any place else I've been.

Take some tip money for the boat crew. If you've never done "valet" diving your in for a treat. You'll learn what I'm talking about. The crew works hard and are very personable. I gotta say that Donny (our captain) was a real trip, meaning a lot of fun. He's got that funny Scottish accent so if ya have trouble understanding him just bust on him a bit and ask him to slow down.

Between Donny and the food I'd have to say I might go back some day.

Back
Top Bottom