Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver2tdg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there's shore diving on Cayman Brac. I'm planning a trip in October, usually go to Grand Cayman (Sunset House) but been wanting to try Brac. for a little change. I've checked out Brac Reef and it doesn't say anything about shore diving.....or perhaps someone knows of another place to stay with shore diving...

Waiting for advice!

(sorry if it posts twice)

100%, some of the best shore diving in the world. To find a good site, just drive any direction, look for the shore, and put in. Certainly some places are better than others, but you can't miss great sites and conditions. In fact, where on earth can you shore dive to a sunken Russian Frigate?

Brac diver simplifies things a bit. There is no shore diving in front of the brac Reef or most of the south side resorts/condos due to a fringing reef that you would have to crawl over to get out of the lagoon. There is good shore diving on the north and northwest sides of the island, but depending on what you want to see, it can be quite a swim to get out to it. If you are staying there, most places will give you tanks for shore diving either free or for minimal cost, but you will need a car to get from there to the diveable shore locations.

If you go to the "Cayman Islands" sub board under the "Greater Antilles" subboard (who comes up with these anyway?) and ask the same question, you will get a wealth of info from posters there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom