Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Runnscuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi ,
How long has it been since Cayman Brac Invasion??? I’m here now and they really need us ❤️ It’s so beautiful here !! So if a future trip is possible please check it out for another Surge ❤️👍😁

Attachments

• 79B7FA0A-1D8E-4967-991A-37E1C784A8A7.jpeg
    79B7FA0A-1D8E-4967-991A-37E1C784A8A7.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 5672BDDB-0D70-4F84-A1D7-73E968F1CDDC.jpeg
    5672BDDB-0D70-4F84-A1D7-73E968F1CDDC.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 894B199A-AEA8-4F85-BFBE-F65B9B77EE58.jpeg
    894B199A-AEA8-4F85-BFBE-F65B9B77EE58.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 1D93A814-B6D4-4D4B-AB58-FBCE149B7C7D.jpeg
    1D93A814-B6D4-4D4B-AB58-FBCE149B7C7D.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 74
Nice- I was not there for the surge, but went in 2019 and loved it. Beautiful property, GREAT staff, wonderful diving and good food.

Hi ,
How long has it been since Cayman Brac Invasion??? I’m here now and they really need us ❤️ It’s so beautiful here !! So if a future trip is possible please check it out for another Surge ❤️👍😁
HI, We can't wait to get back to the Brac, 2+ years has been 2 years too long! If you don't mind my asking.. Did you find the pre-flight COVID testing to work out okay?

I'm looking to book for late May/early June. Where should I book? Generally "nice" accommodations (not a fancy vacation or anything) and great diving are the goal. My dive buddy and I are both very experienced and like to get as much bottom time as possible, so diving our limits/computer/air would be nice. I usually dive nitrox so having that (at a decent 'package' price) is key. We would be happy to do a shore dive here and there on our own (esp to get in some night dives)... We are usually LOB divers and do every dive.

We are also considering LC, or splitting time, but would rather just pick a place and dive as much as possible. My partner can only get away for 1wk.

I will be at Brac Beach Resort end of March and will file a report on return. Last there in 2019 so anxious to get back. At that time the resort offered 3 boat dives per day plus 2 night dives weekly. It is certainly possible to shore dive but requires transportation to entry sites. If you have transportation it should be possible to boat dive AMs and then head out for 2 tank shore diving in the afternoons.

Personally, I find 3 tanks per day plus the night dives is enough for me there.
Afternoon dive boat does not get back in till about 3.30-4 so hard to squeeze in another tank after 3 relatively deep long dives. Even on nitrox, I find that my NDT is quite low by the end of the third dive with a profile of 100 feet, 60 feet 60 feet; 45 minutes, 60 minutes, 60 minutes. At Brac Reef Resort, if your computer goes into deco, you are out of the water for the next 24h.

LC Beach resort schedule much the same and shore diving again requires significant logistics.
The beauty of places like Brac Reef and LC Reef resorts is that you can arrive on day 1 and not have to lift a finger or think for a full week.

Some would call this lazy but I call it paradise.

I really enjoyed the vibe of Cayman Brac. While their shore diving entries are perfect and ideal, the inability to rent out more than one tank at a time was a PITA. Do you know if this has changed? Thanks in advance.

I've been eyeing Little Cayman this year, but Cayman Brac was great diving in 2019 as well. Clearly Cayman has a great operation and I loved being able to relax and not think about much other than dive, drink and eat.

I agree with you Aviyes. I like both Brac Reef and LC Reef resorts and go to one or the other every time I can. I personally prefer the diving on Brac as there is IMO more variety. I find Bloody Bay Wall a bit repetitive. I guess I'm jaded.

Three tanks per day is plenty for me. Brac Reef has one of the nicest pool and bar areas in the Caribbean. Very pleasant to lounge, swim and have a beverage after the afternoon dive. The pool area at Little Cayman Beach is much smaller and in fact can get a bit crowded at the end of the dive day.

The only drawback at these dive lodges is lack of a house reef and having to shlep across the island if you want to shore dive. Reef Divers at Brac Reef also supports closed circuit for shore diving but not my thing so no direct experience.

My wife/dive buddy prefers LC to the Brac. At either place it's just eat, sleep, dive, which suits us well.
We have also been to Grand Cayman many times over the years but now prefer the laid back ambiance of the sister islands.

Back
Top Bottom