Cayman possible border reopening without quarantine by April or May!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am hoping that The Cayman Islands also include the CLEAR Digital Vaccine Card as it includes many more US health care systems. I've got my CLEAR Vaccine Card at their highest level of verification. My health system and state do not yet offer the SMART Health Card. I was an early vaccine recipient through a hospital but my booster will be from CVS as they support SMART.

I live in a state that has outlawed vaccine passports and I was vaccinated via a FEMA site. I think I'm pretty *****d.

I live in a state that has outlawed vaccine passports
If this is an important issue for you, then write to your congress-person - it takes the time to write an email, but may help make a difference.

Wow, ok, thanks for that - I wonder who else is a member but not going to provide the cards?
CLEAR is a member and only provides their own CLEAR digital Vaccine Verification Card. No option for the SMART digital health card.

If this is an important issue for you, then write to your congress-person - it takes the time to write an email, but may help make a difference.

I'm from North Florida. My congress person doesn't believe covid is real.

This is literally the law here:

Section 1. No Florida government entity, or its subdivisions, agents, or assigns, shall be permitted to issue vaccine passports, vaccine passes, or other standardized documentation for the purpose of certifying an individual's COVID-19 vaccination status to a third party, or otherwise publish or share any individual's COVID-19 vaccination record or similar health information.

I live in a state that has outlawed vaccine passports and I was vaccinated via a FEMA site. I think I'm pretty *****d.

I live in the same outlaw state, but I was vaccinated in a "FLDOH and Orange County" site. Seems to me that FEMA is more likely to cooperate and become a Florida Outlaw than the FLDOH. I think I am *****d ^2 for my December Little Cayman reservations.

I’ve been watching and hoping for Cayman opening for several months. I was hoping to do an October trip, but decided that the monetary risk was too great. I’ll just sit on my hands until they figure this out. Maybe next year. I apologize to all the dive companies in the Caymans. I want to give you my money, but your government won’t let me.

I wouldn't recommend putting ANY money into anything to do with visiting Cayman right now - while there is a plan, there are far too many variables outside of the government's control right now - things could so easily change.

We had reservations on the Cayman Aggressor for late November. A few days ago Aggressor informed us that the Caymans would not be opening until sometime in 2022 and (shockingly) allowed us to transfer the payment we made two years ago to another Aggressor in another country. (They would not allow that the first time our trip was canceled.) We are now booked for Roatan. I suspect I will never see the Caymans again. I know it will be the last time I am on an Aggressor boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom