CCR & Roatan - has anyone ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Andy,
Thanks for correcting me. If I had to do it all over again I would have pushed for the group to go to AKR or BIBR, vice going onlong with the folks who were gun ho for Fanstasy Island. I did find out its about $20 taxi ride to ARK or BIBR to get a fill and that was the final straw for me. I am headed out tomorrow morning, it will be warm, wet and clear, so I guess I can't complain too much. My wife really likes it. I concur the diving is not what I would call vacation worthy.

Between gear and camera's I'm having a hard time with the weight limit. My carry on is dang near 40 lbs. I do hope they don't check that.

Back in week. :)

scubanimal:
Hi Andy,
Thanks for correcting me. If I had to do it all over again I would have pushed for the group to go to AKR or BIBR, vice going onlong with the folks who were gun ho for Fanstasy Island. I did find out its about $20 taxi ride to ARK or BIBR to get a fill and that was the final straw for me. I am headed out tomorrow morning, it will be warm, wet and clear, so I guess I can't complain too much. My wife really likes it. I concur the diving is not what I would call vacation worthy.

Between gear and camera's I'm having a hard time with the weight limit. My carry on is dang near 40 lbs. I do hope they don't check that.

Back in week. :)

Hi Scubanimal, you're welcomed to any travel info I've collected. I've been very thorough and careful in my dealings with airlines, and I've yet to run into a snag. Hell, I used to bring my stock Prism carry on in a duffel bag. With a BP, I can't do it anymore... Boo Hoo.

When I flew Continental to Roatan they didn't even have weight limt posted for carry on. Should be no problem. As Joe Radomski pointed out, if you put your gear in one of those rolling carry on bags, they never check the weight. Have a great trip, -Andy

Back
Top Bottom