Cebu Trip Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwafflesauce

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be flying into Cebu on February 27. I will have 16 days of diving after accounting for no-fly time. I know I want to start in Malapascua to see threshers. I'm thinking I will dive 5 or 6 days there. I'm trying to decide where to go next. I want to head down to Dumaguete/Dauin but am not sure if it's worth stopping in Moalboal for 2 or 3 days first. I often tend to get so excited by all my options on diving trips that I try to fit in too many destinations, so I want to keep it to 2 or 3 places. I was also considering heading to Bohol after Malapascua instead. I'm looking for a diversity of diving, from macro to large stuff, and maybe some wrecks (although I don't want to travel over to Coron).

1. Is Moalboal worth hitting?
2. Better diving in Bohol or Dumaguete?
3. I was looking into diving with Evolution in Malapascua and Liquid Dumaguete. Any other recommendations?
4. I would like to hit Oslob for whale sharks. I know it's controversial with some on here and it's far from ideal conditions, but after much debating I believe I would like to still experience it while I'm so close to there. The question is whether to scuba or snorkel?
5. Are there any topside attractions that shouldn't be missed?

1. The sardines!!!! Dive with Nelson(Ocean Safari Philippines).
2. I would give Bohol(Alona Beach) a miss. Dumaguete(Dauin) is mainly for macro but there is day trip to Apo Island.
3. I would do the same.
4. Most dive operators in Moalboal can arrange it. Do ask around if you dive shop does not has any schedule.
5. Do you have the time?

Back
Top Bottom