Cenote Aerolito de Paraiso

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been in there with German as well, in fact part of my cavern class was in aerolito. It's a neat place, the cavern zone is quite small but there's an extensive cave system. I have enjoyed a few dives in there on days when the harbor is closed, but it's nothing like the cenote dives on the mainland.

I did my Full Cave with German on Coz and dove Aerolito several times. I was amused to see a barracuda coming out of the cavern on one of the dives.

I don't see it as a very good cavern dive but as a Full Cave -- fascinating. There is a lot of life inside unlike the mainland Cenotes. I haven't been back since my training so I don't really know how it would seem now. My guess is that it would feel a lot bigger than it did then.

There are actually several on the island of Cozumel.

Your best bet is to contact German Yanez. His website is Germán Yañez

He is pretty much the international cave diving expert that lives on Cozumel. He does extensive training (and now, even sidemount full cave), and is a very good fellow to either guide you on a cave/cavern dive, or teach you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom