Cenote dive report -thanks Pez de Diablo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverG

Reached My 2nd Goal!
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wanted to thank Pez de Diablo for a wonderful time at the Dos Ojos cenote. I was in Cozumel from July 10-17, and had seen his ad about 2 for 1 deals till October. After some Pm's back and forth I felt comfortable about using his operation so I booked a dive for July 16.

During the Pm's he mention that his trips included up to 3 dives, lunch, pick up and drop off at the ferry. My friend and I decided only to do 2 dives as we didn't want to push the envelope to far before our flight home the next day.

He took us to Dos Ojos Cenote. Once at the location he gave us a little land tour of the cenote, and told us little history of the area.

We dove the West Eye, and the Bat Cave sections of the Cenotes. I liked the Cenotes. The formations were awesome, the water was nice and clear unless I was stirring up the bottom. I was in a SS BP/wing setup diving steel 80's. First dive I was able to obtain neutral bouyancy even though I had to put a lot of air in the wing. Second dive I just couldn't seem to find it. The good thing about these Cenotes is that there isn't much flow so even if you stir up the bottom a bit it just stays there plus it a course silt that seems to settle back fairly quick.

For the surface interval, Dennis grilled some great cheeseburgers. He also provided chips,fruit, water and soft drinks.

Dennis is a great person to get to know. He is a cave diver and belongs to some professional organizations for guides, cave diving etc..

If you're going to be in Cozumel and want to dive the cenotes I would recommend getting in touch with Dennis. He has a 2 for 1 deal for Scubaboarders till October(I think) Total cost for 2 divers including lunch and pick up/ drop off at the ferry was $90US(2 for 1)

Was there about 5 years ago, had a great time. I hope to return before next spring! Thanks for your report!

Back
Top Bottom