Trip Report Cephalopod Sunday!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
This was my last shot at seeing an octopus in the wild this year. Conditions were good, and the octopus, who was much larger than I was expecting was also very obliging and made and early appearance in only ten feet of water. by the west wall of the cove. After encountering the octopus we continued out and ran into a pretty stiff rip a little farther out. This surprised the heck out of me, because the tide was coming in... After we got out of the rip and made our way back into shallower water, we saw several squid and a couple of American eels. When I was a kid I was terrified of eel when we caught them fishing. Now I they are one of my favorite night encounters. They have amazing colors and are just so elegant.

i still have tons of video to edit from my trip to Belize... I am hoping to get some of that pulled together, because it was amazing. I just have been disappointed with the way the colors have been coming out on the video, so I have not been working on them as much as I should...

I had the great fortune to have encounters with a highly memorable cuttlefish and tiny octopus while in the Philippines years ago. Truly amazing creatures. I'll no longer eat calamari, though... Thanks for sharing your footage.

Rich, my ignorance of what there is to see on night dives around here absolutely amazes me! Every time I see one of your night dive vids I promise myself to get down to FTW and do one. Shame on me, but I still haven’t. Thank you for the videos and the encouragement. Maybe next season I’ll get off my lazy but and get one in. If I do, I honestly have you to thank.
Erik

Very cool!! Is that site in Connecticut I assume?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom