Certification Agency Poll

What is your Certifying Agency (Check all that apply)

• PADI

Votes: 462 65.3%
  • NAUI

Votes: 153 21.6%
  • SSI

Votes: 150 21.2%
  • YMCA

Votes: 32 4.5%
  • GUE

Votes: 17 2.4%
  • TDI

Votes: 79 11.2%
  • CMAS

Votes: 21 3.0%
  • IANTD

Votes: 69 9.7%
  • ANDI

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • BSAC

Votes: 19 2.7%
  • PDIC

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • NASE

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • IDEA

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • NSS-CDS

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • NACD

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • SDI

Votes: 21 3.0%
  • MDEA

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • SAA

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • ACUC

Votes: 10 1.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please add HOOSY and JEWSY!

And what about DONNR and BLITSEN?

The more inconsequential agencies (all with good intentions and programs I'm sure) we add, the more apparent it becomes that PADI has the inside track on popularity and acceptability by the divers and the industry.
Instead of running off in all different and often vehemently opposing directions, we should be concentrating our efforts to produce the single or few best agencies.
Of what value is having a dozen (last count was 25) agencies with the same self-professed goal but different names and antagonistics attitudes towards each other.

We look like fools when compared to other major sports!!

Sigh... I guess I have "taxation" without representation in this poll. My original certification is Los Angeles County (LAC) in 1969. They were the first (1953) that I'm aware of.

Much later (2001) I got a PADI AOW certification just to avoid the looks of those who didn't recognize my LAC card.

Dr. Bill

Padi was original certification.
IANTD - Deep and Advanced Nitrox
SSI - DiveCon

PADI - for my OW & AOW

ANDI - for eveything else since AOW

let me see

PADI, Israeli Diving Federation, BSAC, TDI, NACD, IANTD

By the way - CMAS is not a certifying agency as such - it is an organistion that agencies are a member of - BSAC is a CMAS member for example

sealkie:
let me see

PADI, Israeli Diving Federation, BSAC, TDI, NACD, IANTD

By the way - CMAS is not a certifying agency as such - it is an organistion that agencies are a member of - BSAC is a CMAS member for example

I didn't understand this statement. I have CMAS c-cards issued by operators that are only CMAS. They are not affiliated to any other agency.

If you qualify through BSAC at the moment do you get a BSAC card with an additional CMAS logo or do you get a CMAS card?

I can`t say for sure if BSAC is a member of CMAS right now - they were about 10 years ago - then they were booted out - but to answer the question - if you got a BSAC card when they were a member of CMAS it would have a BSAC + CMAS logo on - MY original card from the Israeli Diving Fed has the IDF and CMAS logo on

BSAC and CMAS is a bit long winded.

With BSAC you can get a CMAS card but its awarded through the SAA.

The situation i believe was some sort of standards arguments resulting in BSAC and CMAS parting company but now the SAA will liase between the 2 meaning a BSAC qualification is recognised by BSAC and vice versa.

You have to pay and order for the card - BSAC dont issue qualification cards, you simple have a qualification record book that is signed and stamped when the relevent sections are completed. There is no "certification card" awarded.

http://www.bsac.org/services/cmascards.htm

Back
Top Bottom