Certified!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

citygrl

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice, guys! I did my open water dives Saturday and Sunday at Millbrook Quarry. We fit 3 dives in each day, so I feel realyl comfortable with it. Had some trouble at first with a couple of the skills, but got the hang of it by Sunday. Visibility was pretty poor-- worse Sunday than Saturday. Honestly the hardest part of the whole thing was donning the 7mm wet suit and struggling to the shore with all my gear on. I had a great time, though, and was able to do the 1st 3 dives one-on-one with my instructor. Sunday we had 4 of us in our group, but by then I was about 1000 times more comfortable.

Hawaii, here I come!!!

Cool, congrats on getting certified!

Now you can start buying gear you don't need like the rest of us!

Give us a shout on here or over in the Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders area if you are ever looking to dive and find yourself short of buddies. We dive together almost every weekend and are always looking for more people to add to the list of divers.

do you guys have an email list or something i can get on?

do you guys have an email list or something i can get on?
Nothing formal...we pretty much post stuff to our forum Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders and plan things that way. A few of us email each other pretty often and others just hang out on the board and jump in when they feel like it.

If you want, you can PM me with your email and I will throw you in my address book (most of our email chain discussions and trip plans start with a mass email session anyway).

What did you think of Millbrook then? :wink:

Hope to see ya out there some time!

other than crap visibility Sunday, it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd been warned about. Liked the Sponge Bob Squarepants addition to the school bus. don't know that I'll be frequenting quarry diving, but I had a blast!

Congratulations!

The neoprene gets easier (try knee high nylons or panty hose) and you learn a few things to help get to the water (like sometimes setting your gear up and placing it in the water first, then going for the neoprene.)

citygrl you will find that it just gets easier and more fun... the warm waters of Hawaii and not having to wear that thick 7mm will certainly be a treat.

But in time perhaps you will have a drysuit and end the neoprene struggle forever. :D

But in time perhaps you will have a drysuit and end the neoprene struggle forever.

And start the trilam struggle instead... :) :)

UP took me out on my first drysuit dive yesterday, at least neoprene doesn't give you hickies.

I'm going to have some explaining to do to my girlfriend tonight :D

I'm blaming UP, well he did tell me not to add air unless I needed it :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom