CG rescues prop struck diver - Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I mentioned in post #5, the schedule for that day was spearfishing and lobstering, which meant the diver in question was doing one or the other. They would definitely not been in a large group but rather in buddy teams. That boat crew is a stickler for requiring dive buddies.

sorry to hear such sad news....i heard the same story as post #11.

I spoke to the diver that was this guy's buddy. They were spearing and a bull shark was following them. He said it was very choppy that day and a large wave pushed them under the boat.

I'm just wondering how the boat was oriented when they got picked up...I went out with that captain a week later and the way he picked us up was strange. Tied off on a wreck, there was a good current running and he never turned the boat around when we came back...And all the divers had a hard time getting back onboard... cause the current was pushing us under the boat...One guy was royally pissed, lol

One time, I had to pee after a dive and went back into the water. The captain didn't notice that and startet the engine.
I immediately started to scream and "jumped" on the ladder. My foot was right next to the propeller.

In my opinion, there is too little awareness concerning propellers. People seem to ignore how dangerous they are and rely too much on the boat crew.

Back
Top Bottom