CGA 540 Oxygen Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v101

Contributor
Reaction score
I am searching for a reasonable cost CGA 540 valve oxygen regulator that will have a CGA 540 to connect to an oxygen bottle w/ 2 guages. 1 to read the oxygen tank pressure, and then a knob to control the pressure to the other valve for the out gas. ideally id like to be able to control it up to 1500 or higher is ok also if anyone knows of one or a part number I can lookup.

I am searching for a reasonable cost CGA 540 valve oxygen regulator that will have a CGA 540 to connect to an oxygen bottle w/ 2 guages. 1 to read the oxygen tank pressure, and then a knob to control the pressure to the other valve for the out gas. ideally id like to be able to control it up to 1500 or higher is ok also if anyone knows of one or a part number I can lookup.

what specifically are you trying to do? You need to figure out if you can get away with a single stage unit that will change the outlet pressure as the tank pressure drops, or if you need a set it and forget it with pretty accurate pressures and need a 2-stage regulator. 2-stages are way more expensive but if you're trying to set up a nitrox stick with continuous flow it's worth the investment. Need to know the intended use case before we can make any real recommendations.

talk to your local welding supply
You are not going to find a regulator at a welding store that will output 1500 PSI or higher. (Welding was my first trade) Although you did not say 1500 PSI, you said "control it to 1500".

As @tbone1004 said we need to know more information. Besides single stage and 2 stage what is your flow requirement. I built an add on to our Nitrox stick at the dive shop to use the free medical oxygen that came in the cylinders that our shop received for hydro-testing and I had a beautiful Nickle plated 2 stage medical oxygen regulator and it would not flow even close to enough volume for our 20 CFM compressor.

We would love to help you, we need to know more. When I started diving a rebreather I did not have an O2 booster so I built a trans fill whip and when the shop would purchase O2 for nitrox I would simply trans fill my 9 Cu, Ft rebreather tanks off the top!

IF, you are talking about outputting 1500 PSI or higher. The only regulator that I know of is this style. (I'm sure there are more) And you will need to verify if it is oxygen clean also add the CGA 540 stem and the two gauges. These are just the first ones I found, there are many more.

Well I guess I can not put an amazon link in here!

Or actually 2 high pressure gauges in your case.

Back
Top Bottom