• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Change in buoyancy from 12l to 15l cylinder

Discussion in 'Basic Scuba Discussions' started by BlueTrin, Apr 9, 2019.

1. ljpm

ljpm Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Maybe it is because you didn't answer the OP question and just started spouting your opinion as if it was fact. And if you compare your last post with your first post you qualify your initial statement, basically stating your initial comment was crap as well.

2. EireDiver606

EireDiver606 DIR Practitioner

Alright it’s just misinterpretation then. I’m not trying to sound like a troll. I certainly accept that there are other ways to skin a cat.

I’ll rephrase my statement by saying that for ME, personally I find that a steel 232 15l is not optimal for me.

@BurhanMuntasser show some respect.

ljpm, Diving Dubai and BlueTrin like this.
  3. BlueTrin

BlueTrin DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I meant to say, you could say something like this:

“I do not know what’s the weight adjustment to do. But have you thought that 15l are usually not great for trim/balance/whatever.

From my experience, I am better off using a twin 12l, this is usually a better balanced configuration due to (explain why)”

That means the same thing but you would explain your position and that would let other people continue to discuss. You still say that 15l isn’t the way to go but since you explained your reasoning it sounds more like a discussion as people can reply/agree/disagree.

Just my two cents and feel free to disagree/correct me (as always) !

EireDiver606 likes this.
  4. BurhanMuntasser

BurhanMuntasser Dive Charter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!