Change in Plans - No Kona Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
With the troubles I'm having getting off island earlier (I know, I'm mental trying to get back to LA SOONER from Hawaii) - I think the Kona trip is gonna get bagged.

We can't get home until Jan 6th - and I have a trade show I need to go to from Jan 8 - 11...its just too tight. Plus, I just don't want to set up all these dive trips on the Big Island without my wife. Snorkling and beach combing aside, this was to be a dive-your-face-off 14 days.... Oh well.

We're thinking about a cruise over Christmas / New Years...maybe carribean. Maybe a 7 nighter - easier on the wallet, shorter duration, and likely lots of fun. I've got zillions of miles, American Airlines is offering dozens of cruises over the Holidays, and it'll likely be mellower on my wife (who, by then, Lord willing, will be about 4 months pregnant.) A cruise just seems so, yoiu know...grown up... I dunno.

Never been on a cruise. I can't say I even know anyone who's been on a cruise. I presume I can get off the boat and do a couple of dives while we're tooling around the southern carribean? What's the likelihood of sea sickness (no Bonine for wifie...)

Really - I'm so clueless with these things. Any info would be great.

Thanks -

Ken

Mo2vation once bubbled...
... I can't say I even know anyone who's been on a cruise...

You really want to be one of them cruise people? :wacko:

But this is likely the best bet for us, for now.

Any real assistance is appreciated.... :D

k

the potential combination of seasickness and morning sickness makes me a little queasy just reading about it.

At least with Hawaii, there would be dry land distractions. If not Kona, maybe another island? You might get in a dive or two...

the more I think about this, the less I like the idea.

Maybe we'll drive to someplace nice over the holidays...

K

Back
Top Bottom