Change in Scubapro's warranty service rules?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miked

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Last week, I dropped my regs off to get the annual servicing ( under the "parts for life" program), something that I have been doing each year since I bought them.
Today, I get a call from the tech, while he is servicing them, saying that Scubapro has a new policy, wherein regulators with less than 75 dives since the last servicing, only need the full service ("overhaul") every other year, and on the in-between year, only an "8 point check".
Is he correct? Does anybody have a link to the current /revised policy?
Thanks in advance

---------- Post added June 1st, 2013 at 12:50 PM ----------

GOT IT! (I think) I stink at "searching", but I found it after I started this thread:

CHANGES TO PARTS-FOR-LIFE PROGRAM:
- (NEW UPDATE AS OF OCT 1, 2012)
The SCUBAPRO Parts for Life Program has NOT BEEN DISCONTINUED.
All SCUBAPRO regulator owners currently on the PFL Program will continue to receive parts for life as long as they have their gear serviced WITHIN 24 MONTHS or 100 Dives. A consumer who does not meet the requirement of having their regulator serviced every 24 months at an Authorized SCUBAPRO retailer, will no longer be eligible for Parts-for-Life on that associated piece of equipment.
Starting January 1, 2012 one must purchase a new complete set of SCUBAPRO/SUBGEAR equipment: a SCUBAPRO regulator and SUBGEAR or SCUBAPRO BC and Computer from an Authorized Dealer to receive the PFL Program. Any Tech divers purchasing their set of XTEK gear will receive PFL for all of their newly purchased regulators. We have a simple registration form to be filled out, listing all components and serial numbers. They will then be on Parts-for-Life for their regulator (AIR2 or octopus if purchased) associated with that system.
All current regulators on Parts-for-Life and ones sold throughout calendar year 2011 will, of course, continue on the current program.

Is that the current policy??

Dear Miked,

The above policy is correct. The service interval is now 24 months or 100 dives.

Happy Diving!

KateSCUBAPRO

Kind of a related question, so in order to take part in the parts-for-life program for a scubapro regulator after 1/1/2012, i need to have bought the regulator along with a scubapro/subgear BCD and scubapro/subgear computer all at the same time? and since i bought scubapro regulators (1st and 2nd stage plus octo) separately, i don't qualify for the PFL program?

---------- Post added June 4th, 2013 at 08:48 AM ----------

Dear Miked,

The above policy is correct. The service interval is now 24 months or 100 dives.

Happy Diving!

KateSCUBAPRO

is that 24 months or 100 dives, whichever occurs first?

Back
Top Bottom