changing octopus hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gator Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wanting to change the hose on my Aqualund
low profile octo. to one that would be DIR. Although
I am not DIR diver by definition I do like many of their
ideas including wearing your secondary around your
neck. With that said....can I change the hose
on the octo myself or do I need to take it
to the LDS. I am planning to put on a 22inch hose.
My primary is an Apeks ATX50.

ditch the Aqualung LPO.

(Just my personal opinion.)
That's your emergency airsource. Do you really want to stake your life on a $59 piece of plastic? Get a proper second stage instead.

You can do it yourself or if you are down my way stop by and I'll show you how.

I too wanted a longer octo, so what I did was get a four footer - I also kept my SeaQuest (Air II type) octo so now I have one primary and two octos:confused:
Sometimes when my wife gets low on air ,I let her breath my tank down a bit before we get out of the water. The longer hose works perfect for sharing and it's good training for OOA emergency.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac:boom:

Pretend you are a really excited low-on-air or out-of-air diver and try to suck a really deep, fast breath of air off of the Aqualung LPO. Now try it off your primary reg. The high work-of-breathing of the LPO might very well cause an excited, out of breath diver to reject the LPO and bolt for the surface.

Even if you adjust the LPO so that is is right on the edge of freeflowing, it will still have a lot of resistance to someone taking a fast deep breath.

As Boogie711 say, ditch it.

I replaced mine with a Dacor Viper --- it also has a side exhaust, so it breathes dry either side up, but the Viper is a full performance regulator that can deliver large volumes of air when needed.

Hmmm, seems like I should get a different
octo. thanks for the info. and does
anyone know what a 22" hose costs
these days?

newbie-in-fl once bubbled...
Hmmm, seems like I should get a different
octo. thanks for the info. and does
anyone know what a 22" hose costs
these days?
I've bought a few things from This Ebay Seller

He doesn't have any listed right now, but email him I'm sure he can help. I believe I paid about $17-18 for my secondary hose.

Back
Top Bottom